General Conduct / Behaviour Code
Sacred Heart Girls’ College is a PB4L /Restorative Practice school. We are guided by our Head Heart Hands Matrix. View here.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of our students is paramount. Many aspects of student Health and Safety is built into the school’s daily operations as follows,
- Students are to wear correct uniform to and from school.
- Students are to remain well inside the school boundary line during school hours.
- Students are to be in the space as directed by their timetable or teacher.
- Follow the school Attendance procedures for signing in/out. View the procedures here.
- Senior students who have been allocated Green light for Study must sign in when arriving at school and sign out when leaving during school hours.
- Follow the school Emergency procedures when required.
- When sick or injured at school report to the Student Centre. The school will notify parents. Students are not to contact a parent directly using a personal device.
- During breaks students are to be in the designated area. Classrooms, foyers and hallways should be student free unless students are supervised by a teacher.
- Loitering in and around toilets is not permitted at any time.
- Bullying behaviour is not acceptable and should be reported to someone you feel safe to tell. For instance- your CCM Companion or mentor, a member of staff, a Student Wellbeing Leader, a Tuakana, a school counsellor.
- Student reporting is essential to the health and safety all. Students are asked to report incidents or concerns as soon as possible.
- Students are required to follow the school Attendance processes for absences, illness, appointments, arriving late, leaving early, appointments, etc. View here.
- Students are not permitted to use door to door delivery services without the permission of the Dean Team or Senior Leadership.
The following items are banned from the school site:
- Chewing gum.
- Cigarettes, lighters, matches, alcohol, weapons, knives, illegal substances, vapes, vaping products and paraphernalia. Items will be removed from the student.
- Lime scooters. Students are not permitted to bring Lime scooters on site. The school does not condone students using this service.
- Students are to be outside during breaks unless supervised by a member of staff.
- Students are permitted go to their locker before and after school and during the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes of a Break.
All students have signed a Responsible Use Agreement on enrolment (view here). The expectation is that students will follow all the regulations as stipulated.
Devices are brought to school at the student’s own risk. During school time they are to be used for learning only. Devices are only permitted to be used in class with teacher or staff permission. Otherwise, devices should be switched off and put away. Students who do not meet the behaviour expectation risk having the device confiscated for the day. Students are responsible for collecting their confiscated device from the staff member concerned. Students who repeat this behaviour will be referred to the Dean Team. They may contact parents and arrange for the device to be removed daily and returned to the student at the end of the school day for a duration of time determined by the Dean Team.
Emergency and Evacuations
Students are required to follow the school Emergency and Evacuation processes.
Information is located by the classroom exit.
Students must do homework as set by their teacher and as an extension of class study.
Students are required to adhere to the school dress code. View here.
These can be obtained from your CCM Companion.
Sickness or injury
A student who becomes sick or injured while at school should report to the Student Centre. If this occurs during class time, notify the teacher who will provide a note and/or support person to go to the Student Centre. The note is to be handed to the Student Centre on arrival and the student is to sign the Heath Centre register. The Student Centre will notify a parent/caregiver. Students are not to contact a parent directly, using a personal device. If the illness or injury is of a nature where the student is unable to return to class, arrangements will be made for the student to go home. If a student goes home they must follow the school attendance process for signing out.
Students are expected to follow all laws and regulations in the use of their vehicle. The School does not provide onsite parking. Students are to be familiar with and observe Hamilton City Council parking regulations. Students should also be considerate to our local residents, their homes and access ways. Student bring private vehicles at their own risk.
Visitors must report to the Student Centre or Administration desk to sign in. Informal visits are not permitted. All visits are at the discretion of the School.