Enrolment process for international students
We are delighted that you are interested in applying for a place at Sacred Heart Girls’ College, Hamilton. The steps in the enrolment process are:
- Download and complete an application form (see below) and email it to email@example.com
- If your application is successful you will receive a letter of acceptance. As soon as we have certainty from the New Zealand Government about when international students can enter the country we will contact you confirm study dates and send an offer and invoice with details of how to make payment.
- You will then need to organise a visa and your travel to New Zealand.
- Also, everyone travelling to New Zealand by air must complete a declaration, and receive a Traveller Pass, before they travel. This includes New Zealand citizens and residents, children and infants. Complete your New Zealand Traveller Declaration online.
- We will organise a homestay family for you.
- Let us know your flight information and we will confirm your pickup details for your arrival in New Zealand.
- During your first few days at Sacred Heart you will go through an orientation process and we will test your English language skills. Then, you will start your timetabled classes.
Download the latest (April 2022) application form/contract of enrolment (PDF – 835 KB) for international students. Before you send the form, make sure you have included all the required information. Your application cannot be processed until we receive everything. It is important understand what you are signing. Please ask your agent for help or contact us if you have any questions.
Uniform details can be found here. A complete, new uniform will cost about $700. Students who move from year 12 to 13 will need a new skirt, shirts and a tie – approx $250. We have limited (secondhand) uniforms for hire. If you are with us for a short time, you may wear your own school uniform, so long as it is neat and tidy.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As part of the orientation process, we go through a few “Frequently asked questions” (FAQs). Here is the latest version (PDF – 207 KB) for new international students.
The International Student Contract Dispute Resolution Scheme (DRS)
New Zealand has a range of regulations to support international students, in particular a Code of Practice for the pastoral care of international students. There is also an International Student Contract Dispute Resolution Scheme (DRS) which provides a free, fast and effective process for students to resolve any contractual and financial disputes with education providers. See here for more details.