Read important information about the November exams here.
For help with NCEA subjects please check out the Studyit website.
NCEA At Sacred Heart Girls’ College
Students choose from a range of NCEA courses covering practical and academic skills which offer credits towards this qualification through both Unit Standards and Achievement Standards. Students’ work is assessed against standards which describe what a student can do.
Achievement Standards can be assessed by both internal and external assessment. Students can gain Excellence, Merit or Achieved in these standards.
Unit Standard assessment is completely internally assessed. Students can only gain an Achieved grade for these standards.
There are three NCEA qualifications: Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
- For a student to be awarded NCEA Level 1, they must achieve 80 Credits. Of these,10 credits must be in literacy standards and 10 credits in numeracy standards.
- For a student to be awarded NCEA Level 2, they must achieve 80 credits, 60 of which must be from Level 2 standards.
- For a student to be awarded NCEA Level 3, they must achieve 80 credits, 60 of which must be from Level 3 and 20 from Level 2 or higher standards.
- Should a student attain 50 credits at a particular level with Merit, the student will gain a Merit Endorsement at that level.
- Should a student attain 50 credits at a particular level with Excellence, the student will gain an Excellence Endorsement at that level.
Students will gain a course endorsement (at Merit/Excellence) for each individual course (subject) where they achieve:
- 14 credits at Merit or Excellence Level.
- And at least 3 externally assessed and 3 internally assessed credits at the respective Merit or Excellence Level.