All uniform items must be Sacred Heart Girls’ College regulation items, taking into account comfort and student safety. Uniforms must be worn correctly, in good repair, and clean. Students are encouraged to name uniform items. Uniform items can be purchased from:
New Zealand Uniforms
244 Tristram St, Hamilton
Phone: 07 839 4552
Freephone: 0800 832 0693
For uniform details and pricing – see shgch.nzuniforms.com
A formal uniform is to be worn throughout the year. Sandals are an option.
The uniform comprises:
- Blazer: The blazer is a compulsory part of the school uniform. It must be worn to and from school.
- Blouse: Regulation white school blouse.
- Skirt: Regulation skirt for Years 9-12, black skirt for Year 13. Skirts should be knee-length.
- Pantyhose: black pantyhose/woollen tights with feet.
- Footwear: (All Terms): Black leather, sturdy, polishable, low-heel, below-the-ankle-height shoes. Shoes can be laced or Mary Jane style. Shoes are to be clean and tidy and in good repair. Shoes can only be worn with black pantyhose – socks are not permitted.
Black Roman sandals may be worn. Socks are not permitted.
- Tie: Year 13 only. Regulation school tie.
The Physical Education uniform is a regulation maroon top and black shorts. Students are to wear appropriate sporting footwear at all times. Sports team uniforms vary and must be worn during competition.
- Jersey: Regulation jersey – maroon with school monogram.
- Scarf: The school scarf is the only scarf to be worn. Scarves must not be worn in class.
Undergarments: Garments should not show above the shirt neckline or extend past the hem of the sleeve or bodice.
Uniform Return: Would you like to donate your daughter’s unwanted uniform to the College now that she has finished her studies here? If so, please drop the uniform into the main reception (between 8.30 am-3.30 pm Monday-Friday). Your donation would be gratefully received.
Sale of Items: We have a limited selection of second-hand uniforms available. Please visit the main administration building where the second-hand uniforms are located. The PTFA welcomes Koha for any items you require for a student.
Uniform Day Pass: When a student is not able to wear the correct uniform, they are to obtain a Uniform Day Pass from their CCM Companion. A note from a parent/caregiver is required, explaining the reason for the incorrect uniform. An Extended Pass may be given when a student is not able to wear the correct uniform for several days (eg. a replacement item is required).