Welcome to the Library
The library is a popular space to be before and after school, as well as during breaks when students come in to read, print or study. Classes are regularly booked into the library to allow students to select and read books.
Besides reading and learning, students may use the library space for various meditative activities – puzzles, mindful colouring, and a place to catch up with friends. Study rooms are available to complete homework with access to computers and photocopying.
Students can access over 2,500 eBooks and Audiobooks through our ePlatform – see more details below.
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00am – 3.30pm.
- Friday 8:20am – 3.30pm.
- Open during Break 3 (closed during Breaks 1 and 2).
Two computers access the catalogue within the library or follow this link from any device, whether inside or outside of the school.
Books are issued for two weeks using ID cards. Junior students may borrow five books at a time, and staff and seniors can borrow up to 10 books.
You may renew books unless the book has a reserve on it. Do not allow other students to use your card; you will be held responsible if the item is not returned.
e-Books and e-audio books
Students have access to e-books and e-audio books via the Wheelers ePlatform.
There are lots of advantages!
- No heavy books to lug around
- Read/listen on your phone or other devices
- Books are automatically returned after two weeks – no overdue notices
- Renew if you need the e-book for a little longer
- Go to: shgcham.eplatform.co
- Sign in with your ID Number and the password shgcham1
- It is important to change your password once you have logged in
- Click on Start browsing and you are away
Reference Librarian Services
The librarian can help students search the library catalogue and databases for study and research, provide information and guidance on APA referencing, and show students how to log in and best use the library ePlatform catalogues.
There are 10 desktop computers for student use before, during breaks, and after school. These are to be used for school work only.
By using their ID number and a four-digit pin to log on, students may use the photocopier, printer or scanner for school work only.